The way to Combine Microsoft Groups with Google Calendar
Residing with two apps doing nearly the identical factor will be infuriating. However it’s also, most of the time, inevitable.
As an alternative of combating amongst themselves, it’s attainable to combine Microsoft Groups with Google Calendar.
So as a substitute of copying content material throughout all platforms, learn on to learn how Microsoft Groups and Google Calendar join.
Easy Steps to Combine Google Calendar with Microsoft Groups
There are two methods to attach your Google Calendar to your Microsoft Groups account:
- With Groups Add-on for Google
- With third-party integration instruments like Zapier
Set up the Groups Assembly add-on for Google Workspace
The Staff add-on requires you to:
- Personal a faculty or work account. You can’t register to the Groups add-on for Google Calendar with a private account except you…
- has been explicitly invited to a company. Should you attempt to register with a private account, you will get an “AADSTS500200” error code with the outline, “The person account ‘XXXXXXXX’ is a private Microsoft account.”
Comply with these seven steps to put in the add-on and register utilizing the right Groups account to your Google Calendar account:
- Open your Google Calendar account and click on the chevron within the backside proper to disclose the aspect panel.
then click on , Click on the “Get Add-ons” icon and you may be redirected to the Google Workspace Market.
- Sort “Microsoft Groups Conferences” within the search bar and click on the Groups Assembly card.
- Click on the “Set up” button.
Press “Proceed” and full the registration course of.
Click on “Finished” and you have simply put in the Groups add-on to your Google Calendar. However you continue to have to finish the method by signing in to the group on the add-on.
- In your Google Calendar web page, click on the Groups icon on the right-hand aspect panel.
- Click on on the “Login” button.
- Click on “Authorize Entry”.
- Lastly, fill in your login particulars or just choose a Microsoft Groups account if you happen to’re already signed in to your browser.
How do I exploit Groups in Google Calendar?
Groups in Google Calendar turns into straightforward to make use of when you perceive why the add-on was launched.
On December 1, 2021, Microsoft introduced that it will introduce Microsoft Groups Necessities. Will probably be a standalone group with a give attention to small companies. And since interoperability is essential for small companies (or any enterprise for that matter), additionally they introduced that an add-on for Google Calendar was coming quickly with this providing as properly.
In early 2021, we acquired the add-on.
Subsequently, chances are you’ll need to use the Groups Assembly add-on for Google Calendar
- View and edit assembly particulars.
- Be a part of the conferences.
- Schedule conferences.
- Add friends and ship them response emails.
Microsoft Groups and Google Calendar Integration Choices
You can too tie your Google Calendar assembly scheduling to Groups utilizing integration instruments like Zapier and Appy Pie.
Zapier Google Calendar sync with Outlook is fairly widespread, so it is no shock they’ve one for groups, too.
With apps like Zapier and Appy Pie, you do not want any coding data to construct integrations.
Let’s stroll by way of learn how to arrange Groups for Google Calendar utilizing these strategies:
Zapier works by creating automated workflows that join apps. These automated workflows are known as Zaps.
These steps will assist you create one to attach your Google Calendar to your Microsoft Groups account:
- Go to the Google Calendar + Microsoft Groups integration web page.
- Choose the set off and motion you need to zap after which click on the Join button.
- Join your Google Calendar and Staff accounts.
- Fill the small print for ZAP like notification message format.
- Flip in your Zap. And all!
You are able to do easy issues with it like routinely notifying a channel or chat room about new occasions you’ve got simply created.
Appy Pie has dozens of various integrations for Groups and Google Calendar. You may create customized integrations like Zaps.
- In your Appi Pie dashboard, click on the “+ Create a Join” button within the higher proper nook.
- Choose Google Calendar as a set off app.
- Choose “Triggers” from the dropdown set off checklist and authenticate your account.
- Choose Microsoft Groups as an Motion app.
- Choose the Affirm what motion from the dropdown checklist and make sure your account.
- Fill within the required fields for the info you need to ship to the groups. And all!
The way to Schedule a Microsoft Groups Assembly from Google Calendar
One of many highlights of the add-on is the flexibility to schedule conferences if you sync the calendar with Groups.
Let us take a look at two methods you possibly can schedule conferences from Google Calendar.
begin at assembly time
- Choose the “Week” or “Day” structure for finer particulars, then click on a time to create the assembly.
- Enter a title to your assembly.
- Within the Scheduling field, click on “Add conferencing” after which “Staff assembly.”
- Subsequent, click on “Add Visitor” and fill of their electronic mail.
- Edit visitor permissions by clicking “Extra Choices” and checking the related field.
- Click on on Save and a gathering will likely be created.
begin with the individuals
- Click on the “+ Create” dropdown on the highest left nook and choose “Occasions”.
- Choose “Extra Choices” within the Scheduling field.
- Enter a title to your assembly.
- Click on “Add Conferencing” after which choose “Microsoft Staff Assembly.”
- Below the “Company” column on the proper, click on “Add Company” and enter the friends’ emails.
- Click on the “Discover a Time” column subsequent to “Occasion Particulars” and set the right time for “Time Zone.”
- Edit different particulars you need reminiscent of visitor permissions and site.
- Press Save, and you’ve got simply created a brand new assembly.
Remark: There are present limitations to scheduling for groups from Google Calendar that it’s best to take note of:
- Conferences scheduled with the Staff Assembly add-on for Google Workspace don’t sync with any Microsoft calendar. As of July 2022, you possibly can solely see them on Google Calendar.
- When a gathering is scheduled with the Groups add-on for Google Calendar, the cloud video interop “Be a part of” possibility is disabled for attendees.
- Throughout the assembly, the assembly title entered within the invitation will likely be changed with “Microsoft Groups Assembly”.
The way to View, Edit and Be a part of Staff Conferences from Google Calendar
You may preserve monitor of scheduled conferences with Groups integration on Google Calendar even after scheduling.
View and be a part of Microsoft Groups conferences from Google Calendar
- Open the proper panel in your Google Calendar and click on on the Groups icon. You will note all of your scheduled conferences.
- Click on the “Be a part of” button to take part in any lively assembly.
Edit and Be a part of Microsoft Groups Conferences from Google Calendar
- Click on on the assembly within the calendar and the small print view will open.
- Make any adjustments you need and press “Save”.
- Or you possibly can be a part of by clicking “Be a part of Staff Assembly” if the assembly is in session.
That is all it takes to combine Microsoft Groups with Google Calendar.
Learn additional7 Methods to Join Microsoft Groups and Slack in 2022